Thank you for visiting Leadership and Values in Action and reading through our list of higher education and management news blogs.
Weekly WiFi Wednesday Feed
Weekly posts about higher education, management, and living your values with purpose.
Inside Higher Ed News Feed
- Lafayette Suspends Athletics, Closes Buildings Oct. 19, 6:15 a.m. Lafayette College suspended athletic activities and in-person dining and closed several buildings as a result of a COVID-19 outbreak at the college, Lehigh Valley Live reported. Seven students were […]
- This week, two institutions have ceased in-person classes and another has discovered an alarming number of asymptomatic cases. One university has filed a lawsuit against its insurance company. A high-profile football coach has tested positive. On Friday, the […]
- The Education Department says it was trying to make it simpler for institutions to report crime and campus safety statistics required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. But experts in […]
- Several community colleges are reporting record fundraising for fiscal year 2020, which ended at the start of July for most. The COVID-19 pandemic seemed to help, rather than hinder, efforts to boost emergency aid funds and scholarship budgets. […]
- What we have in common with the auto industry.
- What will you do on November 4?
- An academics-only education might not leave students drowning in debt – but it’s not right for most students.
- The case of L. D. Burnett.
HigherEdJobs.com Career Advice & News Feed
- As colleges and universities work to treat the growing number of mental health problems among college students, Dr. Lee Keyes shares some insight. He says that evidence for the primacy of context in emotional well-being continues to pour in. Keyes explains that medication can enable people to be […]
- With declining numbers of potential students due to demographics, immigration policy, visa restrictions, developments in other countries, and economics, institutional leaders must find the right balance of revenues and expenses. Robert A. Scott provides insight into how the president and the senior team can implement institutional change and […]
- This year has brought new calls for racial justice, and colleges and universities across the nation are attempting to answer that call with an outpouring of solidarity. As they strive to tackle and engage issues of racial injustice, one voice is at the center of these complex issues […]
Harvard Business Review News Feed
- Sponsor content from FM Global.
- New research shows a substantial return on a small investment.
- Collect positive feedback and return to it when you need a boost.
Diverse – Issues in Higher Education News Feed
- RICK W. SMITH SR. has been appointed vice president for institutional advancement and community relations at Pennsylvania Regional College. Formerly vice president of institutional advancement, development and athletics at Kentucky State […]
- The Revenue Gap for Community Colleges Comes to $78 Billion. Would Biden’s Election Make a Difference?There’s a $78 billion revenue gap between community colleges and four-year institutions, according to a recent report by the Center for American Progress, a left-wing think tank. The study found that […]
- University of Notre Dame Faculty Sign Open Letter Regarding Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court ConfirmationDozens of faculty members at the University of Notre Dame have signed an open letter urging Judge Amy Coney Barrett, a former law professor at the school, to halt her Supreme […]
- One of the most popular posts from 2020 has been a What I Find Interesting Wednesday (WiFi Wednesday) post, A Guide to Coded Language in Education Vol. 1. Originally, I found the […]
- If you’re anything like me then I run away from fear and the things that make me scared, and I think that’s quite common. Very rarely do I face my fears and […]
- If you’re having trouble finding your passion, you’re not alone. Many people aren’t sure what their passions are. We’ve got a couple things to help you out. Finding Your Passion — thejobwindow Finding […]