Thank you for visiting Leadership and Values in Action and reading through our list of higher education and management news blogs.
Weekly WiFi Wednesday Feed
Weekly posts about higher education, management, and living your values with purpose.
Inside Higher Ed News Feed
- Iona College raised $154 million in a campaign that started in 2015 with a goal of $150 million. New York University School of Law has raised $540 million in a campaign. The campaign started in 2017 with a goal of $450 million. […]
- Image: The Biden administration is publishing a new proposed rule today aimed at codifying into regulation the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program established by former president Obama. The proposed rule issued by the Department of Homeland Security would […]
- Image: At the same time that Congress is trying to keep the federal government from shutting down at the end of this week, it’s also facing a deadline to keep the United States from defaulting on its loans — […]
- Image: America’s College Promise — the Democratic-backed plan to provide tuition for all community college students — could allow more than nine million students to pursue an associate degree for free. States, on the other hand, will have to open […]
- Writing for the public is a powerful way to reconnect with why the work you do matters to the broader world.
- Means testing and missing the point.
- Bob Moses was right: Competence in mathematics is a civil rights issue.
- Ooh, that did not age well …
HigherEdJobs.com Career Advice & News Feed
- Dr. Emily Williams shares how defining the words inclusion, diversity, equity, and access subsequently expand the discourse toward artful investigations and discussions on opinions, experiences, and approaches about I.D.E.A work. The art of negotiating and navigating differences of opinions in the defining process of these terms requires respect […]
- A research brief from the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) and the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) compares employer and public views about the return on investment in a college education. While nearly nine in 10 employers answered that a college degree is worth the personal investment, […]
- Dr. Lee Keyes provides — and debunks — a list of 10 college counseling myths. This list is intended to help current and aspiring college mental health staff members develop their own thoughts about and defenses concerning the many forces that may disorient them or pull them away […]
Harvard Business Review News Feed
- Rigid plans just won’t work anymore.
- Where does it go from here?
- Taking on these duties can have a significant negative impact on employees’ energy levels and job satisfaction.
Diverse – Issues in Higher Education News Feed
- The Association of American Law Schools (AALS) honored Kimberlé W. Crenshaw, professor of law, with the 2021 AALS Triennial Award…
- The history of American higher education has been the story of an evolving system incorporating a growing number and diversity…
- Dr. Diana Natalicio, who was one of the longest serving college presidents of a public research university and a mentor to Latinos…