Thank you for visiting Leadership and Values in Action and reading through our list of higher education and management news blogs.
Weekly WiFi Wednesday Feed
Weekly posts about higher education, management, and living your values with purpose.
Inside Higher Ed News Feed
- Sean Burke, associate provost of Luther College, in Iowa, has been selected as provost and vice president for academic affairs at Alma College, in Michigan. Richmond Hill, interim provost of the Woodbridge campus of Northern Virginia Community College, […]
- Image: The University of Oxford received 143 million pounds ($176 million) in royalties from its COVID-19 vaccine in the past academic year—more than all British universities earned from intellectual property over the preceding 12 months, new figures show. Oxford’s COVID jab, […]
- Image: If the Biden administration’s debt-relief plan survives the U.S. Supreme Court, some legal experts say it will likely be because of standing—or rather, the plaintiffs’ lack of it. The question of standing has been a key theme in […]
- Image: Scholars in Florida are angry, disappointed and divided over a recent joint statement, signed by Florida College System presidents, promising to “not fund or support any institutional practice, policy, or academic requirement that compels belief in critical race […]
HigherEdJobs.com Career Advice & News Feed
- HBCUs play an undeniably vital role in educating Black students and providing a path to upward economic mobility, according to findings from "Vital and Valuable: The Relevance of HBCUs in American Life and Education" by James V. Koch and Omari H. Swinton.
- Leaders should not fault those they lead for failing to collaborate when they haven't considered the barriers at play. There are many factors that affect whether collaboration is possible.
- Check out episode 24 of the HigherEdJobs Podcast!
Harvard Business Review News Feed
- Gender norms make unemployment an unequal burden among heterosexual couples in the U.S.
- If your workplace has changed, your evaluation process should, too.
- Four strategies to ensure you’re treating employees who disclose mental health challenges fairly.
Diverse – Issues in Higher Education News Feed
- Introverts experience social anxiety due to their preference of being alone. But what about extroverts? Do they experience social anxiety? This re-post from eCounseling helps clarify the matter! The website eCounseling.com offers a […]
- One of the most popular posts from 2020 has been a What I Find Interesting Wednesday (WiFi Wednesday) post, A Guide to Coded Language in Education Vol. 1. Originally, I found the […]
- If you’re anything like me then I run away from fear and the things that make me scared, and I think that’s quite common. Very rarely do I face my fears and […]
- If you’re having trouble finding your passion, you’re not alone. Many people aren’t sure what their passions are. We’ve got a couple things to help you out. Finding Your Passion — thejobwindow Finding […]