Thank you for visiting Leadership and Values in Action and reading through our list of higher education and management news blogs.
Weekly WiFi Wednesday Feed
Weekly posts about higher education, management, and living your values with purpose.
Inside Higher Ed News Feed
- Image: When a wide-ranging bribery scandal uncovered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation rocked the college basketball world in 2017, it seemed as if some of the most powerful programs in the sport might face a reckoning. Coaches from […]
- Image: The Lincoln University Board of Curators decided Thursday to explore re-establishing a relationship with the university’s former foundation. The public historically Black university cut ties with its foundation just over two years ago after university officials became unhappy […]
- Image: President Biden’s nominee for under secretary of education, James Kvaal, appears likely to be headed to the full Senate for a vote on his confirmation after a relatively drama-free committee hearing on his nomination. Kvaal appeared before the […]
- Image: A lawsuit filed in federal district court argues that a provision of the South Carolina state constitution that bars public funds from being used for the "direct benefit" of religious or other private educational institutions should be struck […]
- TB recovers, reader responses, and Mom's new boyfriend
- Helping a high school student find the right place for them.
- Collaboration between a university and a community college in south Florida shows what happens when institutions focus on the work that “needs to be done right now.”
- After studying the lessons learned from an unprecedented recruiting season, we’re left to wonder how admissions teams might reach future students in a more effective, efficient and personalized way.
HigherEdJobs.com Career Advice & News Feed
- Within academe, we are not yet tapping fully into the expertise available throughout the population. Women and people of color continue to be underrepresented within the ranks of academe, especially within the STEM fields. The Authors of "Building Gender Equity in the Academy: Institutional Strategies for Change" provide […]
- Job seekers do a lot of waiting — waiting to hear from employers, waiting for a promotion, and waiting for job opportunities to arise. So, how can you wait, other than patiently? Justin Zackal shares some tips from Kate Sweeny, professor of psychology at the University of California, […]
- The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted normal communications with alumni as well as other constituencies and limited opportunities for meetings with alumni and other donor prospects. As we prepare to safely resume operations in the near future, it's a good time to review our approach to volunteers and prospective donors. […]
Harvard Business Review News Feed
- Sponsor content from DXC.
- A new type of security, called “mission equity,” caps investor returns so the company’s financial success can help fuel its mission.
- Start by asking yourself what you — and only you — can do.
Diverse – Issues in Higher Education News Feed
- Introverts experience social anxiety due to their preference of being alone. But what about extroverts? Do they experience social anxiety? This re-post from eCounseling helps clarify the matter! The website eCounseling.com offers a […]
- One of the most popular posts from 2020 has been a What I Find Interesting Wednesday (WiFi Wednesday) post, A Guide to Coded Language in Education Vol. 1. Originally, I found the […]
- If you’re anything like me then I run away from fear and the things that make me scared, and I think that’s quite common. Very rarely do I face my fears and […]
- If you’re having trouble finding your passion, you’re not alone. Many people aren’t sure what their passions are. We’ve got a couple things to help you out. Finding Your Passion — thejobwindow Finding […]