Thank you for visiting Leadership and Values in Action and reading through our list of higher education and management news blogs.
Weekly WiFi Wednesday Feed
Weekly posts about higher education, management, and living your values with purpose.
Inside Higher Ed News Feed
- New presidents or provosts: Arlington Bethany Haskell Kingsville McPherson Mesa NMJC Springfield TWUFrancis Arpan, dean of academics at Sisseton Wahpeton College, in South Dakota, has been selected as vice president of academics at Haskell Indian Nations University, in Kansas. Tamara Brown, executive dean of the College of Liberal Arts and […]
- Image: A new requirement for Russian institutions to have a rector for students’ moral development has been seen by academics as another sign of a country reverting to Soviet-style thought control. Coined during the Soviet era, the position of […]
- Image: Western Connecticut State University president John Clark is stepping down amid a financial crisis that resulted in a depletion of 99 percent of university reserves in recent years. Clark, who has been president since 2015, will officially exit on July 14. […]
- Image: On Monday, after a special meeting of the Board of Trustees, Piedmont University president James Mellichamp announced that he would retire once a successor is named. A few days later, his husband, Daniel Smith, resigned from his position […]
HigherEdJobs.com Career Advice & News Feed
- In the season finale of the HigherEdJobs Podcast, Andy interviews Martin Atkins, a rock star turned higher ed professor who shares his advice for students and higher ed professionals alike.
- Having academics in key administrative roles can foster the viability of shared governance. But this cannot happen by chance. Presidents must assist faculty in developing leadership skills.
- Title IX, the law best known for its role in gender equity in athletics and preventing sexual harassment on campuses, is turning 50.
Harvard Business Review News Feed
- A playbook to help sales reps nudge customers off the fence.
- Stop blaming execution, and start identifying the underlying flaws.
- And what other organizations can learn from their findings.
Diverse – Issues in Higher Education News Feed
- In an academic year roiled by the pandemic, colleges and universities posted an unexpected increase in undergraduate credential…
- Dr. Antoine Garibaldi is retiring after many years of working to lift up the downtrodden and marginalized in the education space…
- The American Indian College Fund hosted a free virtual conference open to Native American high school, college, transfer, and…
- Introverts experience social anxiety due to their preference of being alone. But what about extroverts? Do they experience social anxiety? This re-post from eCounseling helps clarify the matter! The website eCounseling.com offers a […]
- One of the most popular posts from 2020 has been a What I Find Interesting Wednesday (WiFi Wednesday) post, A Guide to Coded Language in Education Vol. 1. Originally, I found the […]
- If you’re anything like me then I run away from fear and the things that make me scared, and I think that’s quite common. Very rarely do I face my fears and […]
- If you’re having trouble finding your passion, you’re not alone. Many people aren’t sure what their passions are. We’ve got a couple things to help you out. Finding Your Passion — thejobwindow Finding […]