Thank you for your interest in joining the Leadership and Values in Action (LVA) Blogger Team. Please read the details required below and you will be contacted regarding your interest. No previous blogging experience is necessary, but it would be useful to submit a writing sample of what your first blog would be about.
Successful article contributions to LVA are interesting, comprehensive, and story-driven posts that inform our users. The readers of the blog are mostly US-based, but we have readers from around the world each week. Give them good reason to read your article. All articles should employ SEO-friendly writing. As a new blogger, check out the article on Yoast to understand the best tips for
We greatly appreciate guest postings and realize that the opportunity is mutually beneficial. Please understand that we need to keep our reader’s interests first, and we need to make sure that whatever is posted on our site is “top notch.” It’s for this reason that we do not accept all guest posting requests.
Guest Blog Requirements
You should proofread your own articles prior to sending them in, though all articles may be proofread for content.
- Basic experience with WordPress is recommended. You will be uploading your article directly to Leadership and Values in Action blog site.
- The article must be interesting, detailed and high-quality. Ask yourself “How will this be useful to the readers?”
- The topic must be relevant to our niche (see our blog)
- Minimum 600 words with excellent grammar and spelling
- The article may not be overly promotional. You will have an opportunity for a short bio with a link back to your site or social media profile.
- Provide proper attribution of quotes, citations, and content referenced outside of the article
- The article may not contain profanity, be offensive, or be overly critical of other organizations
- Affiliate links are not permitted, unless requested through Leadership and Values in Action affiliate program.
Please note that we have full discretion as to whether or not requests will be accepted. If a request has been accepted but the article is poorly written or we deem it not acceptable for whatever reason(s), the article will not be accepted.
Topics We’re Interested In
We’re interested in current trends and opportunities (i.e. student learning, values sharing, management tips, bias and inclusion work) that will benefit our wide audience. Many of our readers work in college student affairs, but we have readers from all backgrounds and work environments.
Examples of topics would be:
- The three times I always share my values at work
- Why my manager taught me this important leadership lesson
- How I learned to interrupt bias in the workplace
Again, keep an audience in mind when coming up with topics.
If your completed article meets our requirements and is accepted, you may include a short bio section at the end of the article with one link back to your social media profile, website, or blog. Currently, all guest bloggers are submitting for publishing without payment. Because of this, accepted articles will not be bound to only be published on this blog for the time being. This may change once the blog is able to generate revenue.
Things to know if your article gets accepted
- We reserve the right to update the article as we see fit. This includes adding links as well as removing outbound links to sites we deem as ‘spammy.’ We may also decide to add the rel=”nofollow” attribute to outbound links that are questionable. This protects our site’s search ranking, as outbound links to spammy sites can be detrimental.
- We do not guarantee that the article will show up in search engines (i.e. Google, Bing)
- There is no guarantee as to how long your article will be live on our site
- You can include a short bio at the end of your article (up to 60 words), including links back to your social media profile, website, or blog.
Guest posting inquiry
For guest posting consideration on the LVA Blog, complete the form below and you will be contacted for your writing samples (if unavailable online).